Join an amazing team • Make a big difference
Permanent Positions | Industrial Post-Docs | Internships | Projects for Academic Credit
About Brain Power
Brain Power, LLC, is a mission-based neuroscience tech startup headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with strong ties to MIT, Harvard, and Stanford. [We also have a large part of our team who works remotely from around the world.] We make gamified, AI-based wearable systems to help assess and coach people with brain-related challenges.
Our flagship product suite, for Autism, includes apps that help children (or adults) learn what other people are feeling; deliver videogame-like coaching on face-directed gaze; tutor reading and conversation skills; help users reduce repetitive motor behaviors and underlying stress; give teachers and parents numerical progress reports; and much more. We have successful customers living in 10 countries, and in schools in the US.
Our systems run on smartglasses such as Google Glass or competing headsets from Epson, Intel, and others. (Note: Google (X) recently released the third version of Glass. Brain Power is one of their few partners (listed here), allowing us to resell the device and access many resources specially for partners.)
We also have developed apps that address needs related to traumatic brain injury, job (re-)training, job coaching, eldercare, and objective measurement of behavior in support of clinical trials. Our overall aim, that binds these together, is to unlock the potential of the challenged brain. We are a truly and deeply mission-focused company.
If you are are passionate, sharp, and have the skills and aptitude we need, there is a place for you at Brain Power!
Join our Mission; join our Team!
At Brain Power, we are passionate about improving the world, treating each other with respect, and working very hard to bring our mission to reality. We focus on high-tech, science-based products, yet we believe that the human-human interactions they foster are where the magic happens. We also practice what we believe, for instance by employing people on the autism spectrum. You will work closely with the Brain Power founder and core staff, in teams and individually, in our well-equipped, windowline office space overlooking Boston and Cambridge. You will work on products that will be rapidly put into use by children and adults who can benefit.
Work in a fast-moving, award-winning startup company, take on big projects, and see children smiling in new ways at their parents because of your code or other work!
We have been covered by over 250 press outlets; we have won over a dozen awards for science, business, and humanitarian work; we employ people with autism; we fill our Team with some of the brightest and most passionate minds; we have won multiple U.S. federal grants; we have performed clinical trials and published a dozen+ scientific papers; our alumni often go on to jobs at Google, Dropbox, Facebook etc.; our staff of PhD scientists, doctors, engineers, artists and more have worked tirelessly for years to build products that help children and adults; we have partnerships with Google, Amazon, Affectiva; and MIT, Harvard, Massachusetts General Hospital, Stanford, and more.
Our headquarters office is in Cambridge, MA, at the center of the tech ecosystem of the east coast. We are nearly on the MIT campus and surrounded by companies like Alphabet / Google, Facebook, Microsoft, as well as major biotech and pharma companies.
Some team members work remotely, from around the world. For those who work at headquarters, our building is extremely fun and dynamic, and is a hotbed of fast-growing companies. The kitchen on each floor has abundant food, coffee, teas, soda, cookies, ice cream sandwiches, fresh fruit, cereals, and other food all the time (yup, 24/7!), a fantastic vibe, happy/social hour events, and funky workspaces with cool views.
Perks and Benefits:
- Mission-driven company and passionate team
- Fast-paced work environment – Never boring
- Award-winning, market-accepted product
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance: medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunities to grow, and to advance your career
- Mentorship including from acclaimed scientists
- Be at the cutting edge of several revolutions:: Augmented reality • Artificial intelligence • Neurotechnology • Human Brain Research • Machine Learning • Big Data • Cloud Computing • Wearable Computers • Gamification • Mobile/Remote Health • Digital Medicine (software as therapy) • Assistive Devices • The Future of Work • Behavioral Analysis and Intervention • Neurodiversity • Educational Technology • Serious Games •
- Meet the children (& adults) you are serving
- Professionally-run Scrum team for software development
- Opportunities to author peer-reviewed scientific papers
- Nearby or on-site gym, yoga, and massage facilities
- Access to Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) co-working office spaces in Cambridge, Boston, Philly, Miami, St. Louis, Providence, Rotterdam, Tokyo, and 40 more cities to come.
- Fully stocked kitchens w free food, coffee, & drinks 24/7
- Located immediately above the subway train (Kendall Square, on the Red Line)
- High floor with great views
- Parking garages nearby
- World-class opportunities for networking & career development
- Professional photo/video equipment and editing software
- Happy hours, trivia, field trips and outings, and a friendly vibe
- Frequent tech talks and coding/hacking/VR meetups in the same building, or across the street at MIT
- Neuro-diverse workplace and colleagues
- Ability to witness and help run clinical trials.
- Deep connections with MIT, Harvard, Mass. General Hospital, Stanford; and Google, Amazon / AWS, and Affectiva. Immerse yourself in ideas and foster collaborations!
Click each position title for more details. Apply soon.
Remind yourself to apply: If you’re not quite ready to fill an application, or you want to know when more positions open up, use this to send yourself a reminder to return.